Correct fuel management will surely help you save more money. Follow these simple but effective tips to enjoy a cost effective company leased car experience:
1. Cut down on the use of Air Conditioning
Did you know that using the air conditioning can increase fuel consumption? Studies show that by reducing the use of air conditioning you can save up to 10% on your fuel costs. It’s also more efficient to open a window if you are driving at speeds between 35-40 mph.
Note: Air conditioning should be run at least once a week to maintain its good condition.
2. Check your Tyres Regularly
If your tyres are not of the right pressure, your fuel consumption will increase. Always remember to check your tyres before going on long drives.
3. Remove Roof Racks when not in use
You can improve your fuel efficiency by 10% by simply removing your roof rack when you’re not using it. Studies show that a large roof rack can increase fuel consumption by as much as 30%.
4. Drive Smoothly
A patient driver will not suffer with excess mileage; a good speed is around 50mph. Driving smoothly can be safer, more relaxed and more fuel efficient.
5. Turn off the Radio
Studies show that the volume of your radio will have a direct effect on how fast you drive. If the music is upbeat, there is a tendency to drive faster than usual.
These are just a few tips to help you manage your fuel consumption. ALD Automotive offers fleet management services, along with a second to none company car leasing service.
What is Car Leasing?
A long term car rental agreement that allows you to borrow a brand new car for an extended period by paying monthly fees, car leasing agreements last for about 36 months but they may vary according to contract. At the end of every lease, you will have the option to either buy the car or return the vehicle
Benefits of Car Leasing
1. Lower Monthly Payments – monthly repayments can be 30-60% lower than those on a personal car loan.
- Shorter Terms – car leasing doesn’t require any long term commitment
- GAP Insurance – Guaranteed Auto Insurance or GAP provides protection if your leased vehicle is damaged or stolen during the lease period; insurance companies base their calculations on the used value of the car
- Lower Sales Tax – you can pay the sales tax of the car over a period of time
- Tax Write- Off- when used for business purposes, leases are typically a tax write off. Write-offs helps to reduce your taxable income
2. New Cars More Often – company car leasing affords the opportunity to drive a brand new car every two to four years. This will allow you to experience advancements in newer car models.
3. Lower Tax Responsibility – don’t worry about road tax. You don’t have to check if you are up to-to date on tax payments, since it is mostly covered in the agreement for the duration of the lease period.
4. Minimal Maintenance Costs – if your car needs servicing or repair work, costs will be covered by the warranty.
Why Buy the Vehicle after Leasing?
What happen at the end of the lease? Another advantage of car leasing is that you can purchase the vehicle after the contract has concluded. Some of the benefits of buying the car after leasing include:
- Mileage – no mileage restrictions
- Ownership – you own the car
- Upkeep – you can maintain the car to your standards
- Customise – you can customise to your heart’s content
- Flexible Loan Termination – you can sell the car at anytime
If you are interested in company car leasing, ALD Automotive offers flexible finance schemes for businesses. Experienced in managing Private Label programmes for a number of manufacturers, we work in partnership with their respective dealer networks.